Our Maternity Nurses are baby specialists and will not:
- Cook for the entire family
- Hoover and clean the house
- Launder the family’s clothes or bedding
- Walk the dog unless she is walking your baby and is happy to include your dog!
- Take older siblings to school or be responsible for them
- And while not a duty, we would like to state she will not sleep on a mattress on the floor
We must stress that many duties will depend on the individual maternity nurse and also on how settled the baby is at night.
Remember Maternity Nurses are new born baby specialists and not housekeeper/cook/nannies. You cannot expect her to feed your baby through the night, take care of your baby’s needs and then do your housework. If you seek such a person we would suggest you research the doula option who can be described as all-rounders, although not the same calibre as a maternity nurse.